Statement from Mrs. Jamie Syvrud:
I am writing you today after Governor Evers has made the announcement that all schools are to remain closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year and Safe at Home has been extended to May 26. The Governor also announced that he expects that schools continue to offer distance learning opportunities for all students to finish the year. As I have communicated before, we are able to continue offering our students a continuous opportunity for learning. This will not affect our school. Our classes, grading and reporting are continuing as expected.
I feel that our students are so lucky to be able to continue their education as planned for the remainder of the school year. The following is a just a couple of the reasons I am so thankful we can still offer a strong JEDI Virtual Education:
- Routines in our lives help us in many ways.
- Continuous learning helps our minds continue to grow and stay healthy.
- Our students will be able to start next year without any learning gaps.
- Our students will still be able to earn credits towards their graduation requirements.
- Continuing learning gives a purpose to our day and strengthens our minds.
During this historic time, if you need support, please reach out to your School Counselor, your JEDI Student Services Coordinator, or myself. We all want to ensure that you have someone to connect with during this time! JEDI staff are available to meet via zoom, email, or a phone call. Please let us know if you would like to schedule a meeting.
We will continue to monitor the COVID 19 situation and directives from the Department of Public Instruction.
Director of JEDI Virtual Learning